If you consider yourself more an adventurer than a tourist this is the way to explore the wild beauty of the Carpathian Mountains and also to enjoy the most fascinating tourist destination in Romania, Transylvania. A 4X4 adventure tour to remember: breathtaking landscapes above the clouds (1800 m altitude), endless beautiful sceneries, old castles of Transylvania whispering incredible stories and medieval villages speaking about long gone times.
|Pick-up location||Your hotel in Bucharest or Henri Coanda Airport – Otopeni|
|Departure time||08:00 AM or your arrival time at the airport|
|Tour duration||5 Days|
|Tour type||Guided tour|
|Travel by||Nissan Patrol or similar (equipped for off road tours)|
|INCLUDED||Accommodation for 4 nights in a beautiful 3* tourist lodges or hotels
Half board (4 breakfasts and 4 dinners)
Nissan Patrol or similar jeep rental with English speaking driver/tour guide (German speaking driver/tour guide at request)
Fuel & Parking fees
Entrance fees to museums and nature parksBottled water & snacks
Recovery equipment and car towing
|NOT INCLUDED||Flights to/from Bucharest
Health insurance specific for adventure tourism
- Bolboci Lake also called “The sea from Bucegi”, is one of the hidden treasures of Bucegi mountains. This wonderful lake is situated at a altitude of 1438 meters high.
- Tatar’s gorge is a natural reservation, an astonishing rare view in the heart of Bucegi Mountains
- Seven Springs Waterfall – is probably one of the purest waters in the world
- Bran Castle known also as Dracula’s Castle is a national monument and one of the most important Romanian landmarks. The castle began its life as a wooden citadel in the 13th century built by the Teutonic Knights and changed its outer appearance with time, adapting to the purpose it served. In 1920 the castle became a royal residence within the Kingdom of Romania. It became the favorite home and retreat of Queen Marie, who ordered its extensive renovation.
- Basalt Columns you can admire a work of art designed by nature. Basal columns or “stone organ” as they are said have formed 1.5 million years ago, following volcanic eruptions. The basalt columns are 10 to 15 meters high and the locals believe that if you spend a few hours at the natural monument, you cure any disease.
- Rupea Fortress It is one of the oldest archaeological artifacts remained on the Romanian territory, the first signs of human settlements dating from the Paleotic and Early Neolithic (5,500-3,500 BC). It’s situated at the intersection of the roads connecting Transylvania, Moldova and Wallachia (Wallachia). The fortress covers an area of almost 11 hectares with walls, towers and inner courtyards and is one of the oldest fortifications in Transylvania.
- Saxon villages (Viscri and Saschiz) Built in the 13th century on the basis of an old Roman basilica dating back in the 12th century, the church is one of the 25 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Romania. The name comes from the German WeisseKhirche, meaning white church.
- Sighisoara Citadel This amazing citadel is dominated by a 200ft tall 14th Century clock tower and you can clamber to the top of it for panoramic views of the surrounding green hills. Between 1431 and 1435, Vlad Dracul, the son of Mircea the Elder, who had been crowned in Nuremberg by Emperor Sigismund of Luxembourg as the ruler of Wallachia, exerts his authority from Sighisoara on the south of Transylvania. Sighisoara is among the few medieval citadels still inhabited, being listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- Fortified Churches from Biertan and Carta These villages are offering a lively picture of the cultural landscapes of southern Transylvania. The churches have been fortified since the 13th century and played a defensive role until 1788, the date of the last Ottoman incursion into Transylvania. The villages are part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
- Off Road Adventures in the Carpathians take out your camera for spectacular and breathtaking surroundings
Ask for best price offer!
Price is calculated based on the following criteria:
- Total number of adults and children traveling
- Number of rented 4×4 vehicles with driver/tour guide
Discount available for groups. Book now for special prices.
For other information please do not hesitate to contact us!