Those who join us on this adventure tour, embarks on a journey through time, experiencing a stunning variety of landscapes and off -road fun!
The Land of Bucovina… rich history, legendary cuisine and unimaginable beauty wherever you gaze. It’s where history and legend merges, Suceava district holds evidences of man’s presence from ancient times, It’s the Land of Painted Monasteries built by former rulers and members of nobility, each monastery having a different colour: blue for Voronet, red for Humor, yellow for Moldovita and a combination of colours for Arbore, its where the traditions have survived the passage of time.
|Pick-up location||Your hotel in Bucharest or Henri Coanda Airport – Otopeni|
|Departure time||08:00 AM or your arrival time at the airport|
|Tour duration||5 Days|
|Tour type||Guided tour|
|Travel by||Nissan Patrol, Toyota Land Cruiser or similar (equipped for off road tours)|
|Accommodation||3* or 4* Hotels and Tourist lodges|
|INCLUDED||Accommodation for 4 nights in a beautiful 3* tourist lodges or hotels
Full board (4 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 4 dinners)
Nissan Patrol or similar jeep rental with English speaking driver/tour guide (German speaking driver/tour guide at request)
Fuel & Parking fees
Entrance fees to museums and nature parksBottled water & snacks
Recovery equipment and car towing
|NOT INCLUDED||Flights to/from Bucharest
Health insurance specific for adventure tourism
- Lake Maneciu a stunning lake surrounded by beautiful forested hills
- Tartar Ridge is a passage situated at 1.340 m altitude, an important trade route in Antiquity and in the Middle Ages which connects the center of Wallachia with Transylvania.
- Urlatoarea Waterfall with a height of 15 meters and an impressive flow, the waterfall has earned its name due to the noise it produces. You can safely walk to the top of the waterfall and admire the landscape. So did Queen Mary, the grandmother of King Michael I. It is said that, in her riding walks, she stopped 300 meters above the waterfall to rest on the “Queen’s Bench- a stone in a shape of a royal seat.
- Bisons Reservation Bison can be admired by tourists, who can learn more about these animals from the staff of the reservation.
- Lake Saint Anne (Lacul Sfanta Ana) the only volcanic lake created somewhere between 9,800 and 8,800 years ago. We will get to the lake by following a splendid serpentine road, which allows you to admire some truly fascinating landscapes.
It is the only volcanic lake in Europe, having a fully completed crater and surrounded by secular forests.
- Red Lake (Lacu Rosu) is a natural storage dam lake and is situated at the foot of Hasmasu Mare Mountains. It is the largest natural mountain lake in Romania, its name coming from the reddish alluvia (iron oxides and iron hydroxides) deposited in the lake by the Red Creek.
- Bicaz Gorges is part of the National Park “Bicaz Canyon”, which includes actually the following protected areas: The Red Lake, The Bicaz Canyon and The Hasmasu Mare Mountain.
The road inside this canyon looks like serpentine windings. The limy walls of the crags hide amazing caves (The Black Cave and The Waterfall Cave) and also circular precipices (Licas, the precipice with three entrances).
- Voronet Monastery considered to be the ,,Sistine Chapel of the Orient” for its big fresco on the Western facade, named afterward judgment’s day”. Furthermore „the blue of Voronet” is considered by the specialists to be unique in the world, and as known as Rubes red or the Veronese green.
- Moldovita Monastery was built in 1532 by Petru Rareș, who was Stefan the Great’s illegitimate son. It was founded as a protective barrier against the Muslim Ottoman conquerors from the East. Stephen the Great, the King of Moldavia from 1457 until his death in 1504, fought 36 battles against the Ottoman Empire, winning 34 of them.
- Sucevita Monastery It was built in 1585 by Ieremia Movilă, Gheorghe Movilă and Simion Movilă.The architecture of the church contains both Byzantine and Gothic elements, and some elements typical to other painted churches of northern Moldavia.
- Off-road adventures in wild Carpathians take out your camera for spectacular and breathtaking surroundings.
- Cacica Salt Mine is one of the oldest salt mines recrystallized from brine (boiling and evaporation) in Europe, dating from the period Starčevo Early Neolithic Cris.
- Suceava Citadel was built at the end of XIV-th century by Petru I Muşat(1375-1391), it was fortified in XV-th century by Stephen the Great and it was burnt down (through treason) by Dumitrașcu Cantacuzino. The citadel was both a royal residence and a fortress against foreign armies. Suceava fortress was fortified in such a way that it could not be conquered, despite the fact it was under siege repeatedly by Ottomans.
Ask for best price offer!
Price is calculated based on the following criteria:
- Total number of adults and children traveling
- Number of rented 4×4 vehicles with driver/tour guide
Discount available for groups. Book now for special prices.
For other information please do not hesitate to contact us!